Our July Training in Nairobi

Dr. Jim Robey and Attentional Growth Inc have begun to train a new generation of Christian leaders in Africa using the Coaching4Clergy model. From its beginning, Coaching4Clergy has had at its core a global vision of Every Pastor, Ministry Staff and Church Leader a Coach. An invitation has come to bring the coaching model of equipping and empowering lay and clergy to the countries of Kenya, South Africa and Swaziland. Attentional Growth Inc, under the leadership of Jim Robey, is responding!

This is a quickly unfolding process, and in partnership with Petronilla Maina of Kingdom Lifestyle in Nairobi, we offered two different training events to equip clergy and lay leadership with coaching skills.

The One Day Training event was 3 July, and was an introduction to coaching and its use in the church as we are making disciples. Each person coached and was coached, and left the event with coaching tools they can use in life, work and the church. The Two DayTraining was 5-6 July, and included more skill training in coaching. Click on the names to see a brochures for each event . These were be held in Nairobi at the ACK Guest House.

These training events will be useful for both business and church leaders, so the impact of the training will be increased. It is our plan, with our partners, for local potential coaches to be identified and given additional training, both on the continent of Africa and in the US. It is our desire to be useful in growing the Kingdom of God.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Journey of thousands of miles...

So, how does one get from Gulf Shores, Alabama to Nairobi, Kenya? Patiently, and one flight at a time. On Friday, June 29, my wife Betty dropped me at the Pensacola (Florida) airport, at at 6:30 pm (CST, which is 2:30am Nairobi) Delta flew me to Atlanta. Then, Delta took me on to Dubai in 14+ hours. (yes, it was a direct flight, almost completely full, and thankfully I slept a lot on the flight.). I will confess that flying over many of the countries that are in the news was a little "ironic" , and again I recognized how small our world really is. We landed at the Dubai airport after the sun set. My Saturday, June 30, was the day I did NOT see the sunshine.The airport in Dubai is huge, clean and filled with people traveling to and from all parts of the world. ( I realized I wasn't in Alabama anymore). I relaxed in the KLM SkyClub, checked email and the news, ate supper, and prayed I would make it onto my Kenya Airways flight that was to leave at 2:30 am (1:30am Nairobi/ 5:30pm Alabama). Thankfully, the challenges were doable and we left for the short 5 hour flight to Nairobi. I napped on the plane, too excited to sleep much. Soon I would set foot on the continent of Africa. flying through the clouds into Nairobi I saw the forested areas outside the city and areas I had seen in only pictures and Google Earth. How cool! how thank-full! How gracious God is to allow me this privilege to be here in Kenya. Having already secured my visa and traveling with just a carry on bag, I quickly cleared the security area, and walked out! I'm in Kenya! I'm in Nairobi! WOW! 7:00am Nairobi/ 11pm in Alabama). My dear friend Petronilla was there waiting for me. After hugs and getting into her car, she took me to get breakfast and my first cup of Kenyan coffee in Kenya.This is the beginning of a GREAT DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment